Size and Accuracy Matters

This month I entered a blog challenge hosted by a good friend, Stevie Parris.  The goal is to write daily for the month of February.  I wanted to challenge myself and see if the words came to the page at the mere discipline of sitting down and writing.  So I must write at this 11th hour, or I will be kicked out.  Let's see if the words come.

I am struck today with how little we are.  Our grumblings and disappointments are just small dark spaces in the ocean when seen from an aerial view. 

Today, when driving home from viola class with Naomi, David and our wonderful new babysitter, we found this bright light in the sky.   It was not moving and it was too twinkly and big to be a star.  It was perched over our house while pulling up, and we were all in awe and curiosity. Later in the evening, our babysitter texted me that she researched the light we saw, and it was Jupiter. 

On the way to school, back on Wednesday, I was excited to see the beautiful sun coming through shiny clouds on our horizon.  "Look guys, at the beautiful sky!" I shouted with excitement.  Naomi said, "Oooh, wow, how pretty!  Hey, are those stratus clouds? I think they are! Yes, those are stratus clouds." David asked, "Naomi, what? What on earth are you talking about, what are stratus clouds?" "David, you see how they look like blankets in the sky? That means the clouds are called stratus clouds," she confidently explained. 

How could I ever assess my schedule changes and disappointments as outside of the sovereign, perfect, and accurate will of God? Thankfully I am reading through Job, as I attempt to read through the Bible in a year, for the first time, regrettably.  But there I go, with the regrettably and the "if onlys."  For such a time as the present, I cannot afford to be anything less than present and grateful for my current moments, my friends and family, and my day given at each morning. 

	Can anyone understand the spreading of the clouds,
		the thunderings of his pavilion?
	Behold, he scatters his lightning about him
		and covers the roots of the sea. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who We Are Waiting For: The Rescuer

Who We are Waiting For: The Refuge

Who We are Waiting For: The Shepherd