Water Strength Supplied

I washed my face this morning with a warm comfortable stream of water as the bustle of the morning buzzed on, and my phone distracted me with plans of the day and weekend.  It's so good to be back in the swing of life, talking, eating, going out with friends, and managing the household.  Albeit brief so far, I'll take it, this feels like a vacation from Myasthenia Gravis.  Let's hope this continues.
 
I'm on a medical plan to taper down the prednisone, so tomorrow I will be down to 20 mg daily.  I'm pretty excited about this, and hoping that as the artificial sense of energy I have had from the 40mg and 30 mg dosages will not pull me into lethargy.  I hope many other things, like that talking and swallowing continue to go well and that I can keep up parenting and living well, in whatever form it takes over the next season.  As I focus on each new day, the Myasthenia Gravis I am fighting takes a little more of a back-seat and I get a little more out of my days.  

As I start to get more of life back, I need to be careful not to hunger for more activities and projects.  Am I living less of a life because I set out in September with a completely different trajectory than I am executing now?  Absolutely not.  Did I live less of a life in December and January when I could barely talk and swallow, just trying to exist and understand how to treat the disease properly, with glimmers of hope to get better? Am I living more now that I am accomplishing more? Absolutely not.

The days of not talking meant more listening, more contemplating, more bonding with family and friends who came along side of me.  More connections made and a growing awareness of who prays and the Lord who sustains.  It is a first hand account of 2 Corinthians 12:10, For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


After I washed my face this morning, the water was shut off.  I immediately thought our pipes froze since we are in the heat of an arctic air mass hovering over our area.   Thank goodness we know our neighbors well, because within 20 minutes I was able to find out that a water-main break effected our neighborhood.  Our master plumber came arrived within 10 minutes to check on the scene and our fantastic cleaning crew was here and joyfully made due without water.  I used a few buckets to scoop up some snow to use for cleaning and went on with the days plans. 

By this evening, the water is brown.  It is working but it is brown.  High pressure and brown.  Habitually, I spin on the faucet, fully expectant of fresh clean water to flow, but as I turn on my faucets and have activities flowing through our calendar and social outings peppering our days, I pray my contentment exist as I am ready for action, not necessarily in action. 

Let's not settle for high-pressure-brown-water days as a surrogate for the fantastic learning and strength that comes in times of weakness.    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who We Are Waiting For: The Rescuer

Who We are Waiting For: The Refuge

Who We are Waiting For: The Shepherd