Who We are Waiting For: The Shepherd

I’m feeling compelled to identify a name of Jesus for each day until Christmas. Hopefully, this will give me more insight to the reality of Jesus as a person, taking on roles just as any of us would. So here it goes.

Whoarewewaitingforday1
When the same Psalm comes to you multiple times in a few days span,  it’s time to pay attention.
Psalm 23 had this repetitive effect on me throughout the month of November. My friends would start texting me a song or tell me excerpts from Psalm 23, and my vivid recollections of being a short little woolly sheep, not able to see over a fence and trusting in a watchful Shepherd came flooding back.
My favorite messenge about Psalm 23 was when one of my sweet aunts wrote it out, to me.
Joanne, The Lord, your Papa, is your Shepherd, you shall not be in want! Your Papa makes you lie down in green pastures, your Papa leads you beside quiet waters. He WILL restore your soul!! Joanne, Your papa guides you in paths of righteousness for His name sake! Even though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you, Joanne, will fear no evil! For your Papa is with you; His rod and His staff will comfort you. Your Papa prepares a table before you in the presence of your enemies. He anoints your head with oil; your cup, Joanne overflows! Surely goodness and mercy will follow you all the days of your life, Joanne, and you WILL dwell in the house of the Lord forever!!  Wanted to bless you today with some of God’s precious promises love you Joanne!
Please, insert YOUR name and know that these promises and truths are for YOU!
From your Father,
who knows you,
guides you,
and is your Shepherd!
For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.  Revelation 7:17 ESV
How can I respond in the moments I am not laying down in a green pasture and being still?
Lord, what do you have for me to do right now, today?  Peel away busy tasks that would distract from what I really need to do.
How can I respond when my heart palpitates before I even have a chance to take a thought captive?  
Lord, please put a song in my heart before it palpitates, lead my soul beside a still water, a still thought, a still mind.  Dissipate the lie that spurs me to anxiety. 
And sometimes I text a friend or my hubby to pray for me ♡
How can I grow in maturity and in community?
So I exhort the elders among you, as a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as a partaker in the glory that is going to be revealed: shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly; not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock.  And when the chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.  1 Peter 5:1-4 ESV
A great song to meditate on. The Lord Is by songwriters Bob Kauflin, Pat Sczebel performed by vocalist Devon Kauflin from the Album PSALMS, Sovereign Grace Music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who We Are Waiting For: The Rescuer

Who We are Waiting For: The Refuge